Arduino is a low cost micro-controller that monitors and manipulates real world events; versions range in function and price from $1 to $100; with the $4 version being quite functional.
eBay Arduino microcontrollers
eBay Arduino sensors & actuators
Some of the Arduino microcontrollers available, they all program with a common simple programming code
Arduino home page
A Similar DigiCamControl / Arduino project forum topic similar to this one in Arduino forum:
DigiCamControl is a free "open source" software and has a forum of developers that does very well at interfacing with these camera functions, and has device drivers for a large number of the cameras with remote control features.
Arduino similarly is free "open source" software and has a forum of developers that does very well at interfacing with the real world and related sensors and actuators. Both use USB interfaces with the PC computer.
Can a Plugin or other feature be built to interface DigiCamControl with Arduino microcontrollers?
What seems to be missing is an Arduino sequencer to automatically coordinate complex real world events with camera functions:
- DigiCamController usb trigger to Arduino to implement a controlled event before, during, and/or after camera function
- At the end, or during, Arduino controlled event, control camera functions and monitor data to the controller and/or computer to make decisions
- Arduino protocol to remotely control DigiCamController functions from Arduino
- Interfacing with RoboRealm (graphic recognition) or other PC software
- ... other relationships I am sure I am missing
One of hundreds of techniques Arduino with cameras could produce:
The times and positions during various types of physics experiments for instance. Or the type of photography where the camera pans around a subject while captured in motion. Reporters capturing consistent frames of a subject while bouncing around in a moving vehicle. Or, detecting your cat jumping up on the kitchen counter and taking a picture or video of kitty in flight just after making a loud noise to get kitty off the counter.
So what is this topic about?
- Is there already a DigiCamControl / Arduino project that already does this? I may not be using good search keywords.
- How do I set up a group development space for this proposed group Plugin Project?
- How do I link sub-projects people develop to the main project? Once an interface is set up, I would think Arduino programs and setups would be abundant related to special effects and how to set up related educational apparatus. Just randomly listing topics does not seem elegant.
- What is the project management sequence used to approach this kind of project?