Fujifilm support

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
MiljenkoD

Fujifilm support

Post by MiljenkoD » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:26 pm

For a starters I like to thank you guys for the great effort you are putting into developing this software. You covered most of the popular Nikon, Canon and recently Sony camera models. Those 3 brands are used by about 70% of all DSLR/mirrorless photographers. However, there are millions of shooters that use Fuji, Pentax, Panasonic and other brands deserving attention. Working in photo equipment sales for the past 10 years I know that many switched from two major brands to those who adopted early mirrorless route.
Fujifilm is one such company, gaining more and more users every year. I am not going to present reasons and advantages for my Nikon to Fuji switching but just say there are more than disadvantages. And one of the later is lack of third party support, mainly software development.
Besides Fujifilm's own limited software offer, I didn't find any of the DigiCamControl kind.
So here is finaly my simple question:
Is there any chance you might consider developing routines for Fujifilm cameras? Or can you help others to develop modules supporting Fuji cameras?
Thank you very much in advance,
Mike

Fujifilm support

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: Fujifilm support

Post by admin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:44 am

I'm always open to add support for a new camera model, but without own one it is almost impossible. So when i will have a opportunity to buy a Fuji camera then sure i will add support for it.

Thalyn

Re: Fujifilm & others support

Post by Thalyn » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:17 am

Hello,
In my case, I've a Panasonic.
@Admin, what do you need exactly to add support for a specific model ?
Do you must to need to have the model o you need to have just some "informations" about these models ?
We can help you maybe ?!

havas

Post by havas » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:00 pm

Hello,

Since I'm seeing for than 2 years have passed from the last person to comment on this. I just want to follow up, are you considering adding support for fujifilm cameras? Fuji cameras have been on the increase in terms of usage in the past 2-3 years and it would be really helpful for us Fuji users if you could add support in a future release. Is there anything we can do to help with sending you Fuji raw and jpeg files for you to see the exif data or something similar in regards to the files? I wish I had the capability to lend you a Fuji camera... :( Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

lionsitaly

Post by lionsitaly » Wed May 26, 2021 6:32 pm

Fuji have released a sdk I am newbie to digicamcontrol but if someone would be try . I can try help ( i have fuji x-s10 and I am a Software developer )

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed May 26, 2021 9:29 pm

My biggest problem is, without a camera it is very hard to implement it