Image rotation

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features
philjor

Image rotation

Post by philjor » Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Hi Istvan,
I really like the program. I am using it with the Nikon D3200 which is a great little camera for "normal" photography.
However, I have a small problem because I shoot a lot of food and recipe pictures and that means I have to take many shots from different angles and often have to switch from horizontal to vertical view. It is time consuming and complicated to have to put down the camera, open the settings on the monitor and switch the rotation of the preview image and then pick up the camera and shoot a couple of shots and change again... breaks the rhythm and workflow...
I don't know what is needed to capture the vertical or horizontal orientation of the cameras; probably very complicated and surely depending on the MS database.
If there is any way of implementing this, it sure would increase the value of the program and would be most helpful especially for studio shooting. I hope you can find the time to add this. Thanks for listening. :))

Image rotation

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

This feature was included in

Post by Duka Istvan » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:06 pm

This feature was included in a older release but was remove due to some bugs, I will readd this feature after a stable release (2-4 weeks)

Duka Istvan

Ignore the prevision post, i

Post by Duka Istvan » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:37 am

Ignore the prevision post, i just checked and for me working, so if i rotate the camera in horizontal the application automatically rotate the preview image. If dosn't working for you please upload two example photo an herizontal and a another vertically captured.

philjor

Rotation not understood

Post by philjor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:39 am

Perhaps I did not explain clearly.
If I understand correctly, there is no automatic image rotation: the settings for Preview are for rotation 90 degrees, 180, or 270 ... and that does work. But the problem is that if I shoot one image vertical and then right away take another picture of the same subject horizontally, the horizontal image is the rotated. What I need the to have only the vertical image rotated (one direction is fine since most people take vertical images with the camera in the same orientation) and the horizontal image not rotated. The camera itself has a setting to automatically rotate the vertical image (or to not rotate - on/off). When I shoot, the vertical image is rotated and appears so in digicamControl in the thumbnails, but the monitor display remains horizontal (it does not automatically rotate the image for viewing. If the rotation setting is on for the Preview, the image is rotated... but a horizontal image is also rotated if the setting remains on.
I could take a picture of the Monitor to show the thumbnails and the preview image as they appear on screen... ???

Duka Istvan

This feature should work,

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:23 am

This feature should work, maybe the application is not recognize the EXIF rotation data in your photo. Upload two photos a horizontally and a another vertically captured by your camera. 

philjor

Files re: rotation

Post by philjor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Here are the files.

philjor

Same problem with d7000

Post by philjor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:13 pm

I just checked with d7000 tethered and it's the same problem: the images do not rotate. :((

Duka Istvan

I think i found the bug, no

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:06 pm

I think i found the bug, no auto rotation needed for raw files just for jpgs.Try this version https://dl.dropbox.com/u/40987577/NCC/d ... .9.495.exe and report back.

philjor

Seems to work ok

Post by philjor » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:07 am

You're the Man! :))
Works with images from d3200 and d7000
I'll be working with these a lot I hope.
Will check it all out this week.
Thank you very much.

philjor

Just a small glitch

Post by philjor » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:05 am

The rotation works fine, but I am getting a small blue rectangle on the images: vertical on vertical image and horizontal on horizontal. One image early on did not have the rectangle. Is there a way to turn this off or what may this be?