Simple custom UI

PJoy

Simple custom UI

Post by PJoy » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Hi,
I want to develop a custom UI for digicamcontrol. I don't have much time so I'm thinking fast dev ! (BTW great tool !)
So far my requirements are
  • 1 Take picture button
    2 Set timer button
    3 Print last picture button
    4 The image should be seen live
    5 (bonus) The user could change image properties on the "backend"
After thinking for a bit, I'm hesitating between these solutions :
  • 1 Use the web server and customize the HTML
    2 Modify directly the UI via visual studio (Is this possible ?)
    3 ??? (scripting ? Software c/cing the fullscreen capture ?)
Could you point me to the right direction ? Thanks a lot !

Simple custom UI

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: Simple custom UI

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:27 pm

1. The web server is limited only to html and java script, all files are located in "c:\Program Files (x86)\digiCamControl\WebServer" folder
2. It is possible, but may take some time until you understand the application structure, (no yet documentation about it) essentially most of logic in located in https://github.com/dukus/digiCamControl ... ow.xaml.cs
3. The main windows can be replaced with other windows using plugins which implement https://github.com/dukus/digiCamControl ... wPlugin.cs interface

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Fri May 20, 2016 6:05 pm

Hello,

This is a great software. I am also looking to either alter your main GUI or to create my own UI so I have a few questions.

In terms of using the CameraControl.Devices.Example as a starting point, does the independant library support the barcode scanning?

I am actually hoping to alter your GUI and I looked through the mainwidow.xaml.cs extensively, but do not understand where you actually create the instances of the different buttons etc. I can only assume that this is in the xaml file but I cannot actually view this in visual studio. Should I be able to or do I need to install something?

Ultimately I am hoping to show the barcode window automatically or maybe even integrate it into the mainwindow.

Thank you in advance!

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Fri May 20, 2016 8:41 pm

If you want just start the barcode window when application start, you can set a startup script (Settings=>General)

Code: Select all

# wait 1 seconds after application start
after 1000
# start live view 
dcc do BarcodeWnd_Show

Olivia

Post by Olivia » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:19 pm

Thank you