Nikon D5200 tethering issue

itsamaik

Post by itsamaik » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi,

I am using the digiCamControl library for a project and I'm running into tethering problems with Nikon D5200 cameras. It seems like the tethering session isn't started with the camera when it is connected while the program is already running.

I have observed the following behavior:

- Start own software with D5200 connected: works. Although disconnecting the camera and connecting again will not work.
- Start own software without D5200 and connecting it after booting: does not work.

- Start DigiCamControl with D5200 connected: works. Although disconnecting the camera and connecting again will not work until I click on refresh device list.
- Start DigiCamControl without D5200 and connecting it after booting: does not work until I click on refresh device list.

Canon camera's work fine. I have tested this with two Nikon D5200 camera's, one of which is brand new. They both show the same behaviour, also on a different computer.

I've also tested this with the 2.0.73-beta and the 2.1.0 version. I don't have a different Nikon camera here to test further.

Does anyone know why the camera is not automatically recognized? Windows recognizes it and just opens the SD card.

Thank you
Maik

Advertisment