DSLR as Virtual Webcam

Zeddy

Re: DSLR as Virtual Webcam

Post by Zeddy » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:09 am

Hello! I have a 700D, and yesterday I tried your last software. It worked perfectly on Discord, being recognized as a webcam. Didn't try other apps yet. Got the "Code 3" error on the installation, but that didn't affect nothing from the software, I guess. Amazing work you have been doing, thank you so much for your time and hard work. Keep up!

I'll be updating if I have more feedback to give.

PS: Sorry for bad english, not native.

Advertisment

felipeogarcia

Post by felipeogarcia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi there. First of all, thanks for all your hard work getting this done. It looks awesome! Just here sharing my feedback.

I used in a D7100 and it worked just fine in Zoom and MS Teams. I got the error code 3 as well during installation but didn't seem to impact anything. It's also locked to a resolution of 640x424 - which is fine considering most conferencing tools will compress to that resolution anyway. It seems to be locked to around 18 fps as well. I did notice some screen tearing when using inside Zoom/Teams and it doesn't happen in the app preview. Not a big deal though.

Thanks,
Felipe

felipeogarcia

Post by felipeogarcia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:07 pm

I noticed a very high CPU usage during a Zoom meeting, to the point it started to impact performance. Looking at the Task Manager I could see the culprit was DSLRCam.exe. Did anyone else have this issue?

lucasjfox

Post by lucasjfox » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:56 am

cimfine wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:02 pm Hello guys,

this piece of software would be a dream to me, I am tired of looking yellow and overexposed from the built-in Webcam :x

My camera is not supported, but I thought I post my experience anyway:

Olympus OMD EM1 mark iii set to tethering mode
The camera is recognized by the software, the name and serial number is displayed in the upper left corner
There is no further function: no live view

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to support.

best regards
Christoph
Same for me.

I have a Sony ILCE-6000. It's recognized by the software but no image or controls whatsoever... Might be a firmware limitation, as Sony's proprietary tethering software allows for remote control but no live view on this model.

Thanks for the soft nonetheless.

Jsey

Post by Jsey » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:27 pm

Hey,

I just recently installed this software after looking for a way to set up my Nikon D90 as a webcam. It all works perfectly but only gives my a resolution of 640x426. Is there anyway to change this to utilize the whole sensor?

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:42 pm

The resolution is gave by the camera hardware so nothing can be done.

Sugrin

Post by Sugrin » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:53 pm

admin wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:44 am Your windows is 64 or 32 bit ?
Hi my windows is 64 bit

mrtech

Post by mrtech » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:55 pm

Hey man, appreciate what you've done.
I'm trying to connect my d7500 Nikon to my laptop with windows 10 (64bit) and use it as a webcam. I downloaded digiCamControl Virtual Webcam and I was able to view my camera view (in the app). But I can't use it as a webcam in other programs.
Also, I got this message when installing:
Registering C:\Program Files (x86)\digiCamControl Virtual Webcam\x64\DCCVirtualCam.dll failed with code 3

felipeogarcia

Post by felipeogarcia » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:04 pm

mrtech wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:55 pm Hey man, appreciate what you've done.
I'm trying to connect my d7500 Nikon to my laptop with windows 10 (64bit) and use it as a webcam. I downloaded digiCamControl Virtual Webcam and I was able to view my camera view (in the app). But I can't use it as a webcam in other programs.
Also, I got this message when installing:
Registering C:\Program Files (x86)\digiCamControl Virtual Webcam\x64\DCCVirtualCam.dll failed with code 3
Obvious question, but have you restarted your computer after installing it? Seems like a few people (including me) are having this code 3 failure but it doesn't seem to affect anything.

Rasq

Post by Rasq » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:46 pm

Hi, im using W10 x64 1909.
Im trying to use my Canon eos 450d as webcam but:
- when im trying to use it with DCCWebCam i see that software is recognize it but im unable to get live view or view in for example webex.
- but when im using digiCamControlsetup_2.1.2.0 i have live view and i can trigger photos.

I dont know what can i put here to help pinpoint my problem, but please if someone could help i will be glad.