DSLR as Virtual Webcam

AwesomeDad_FB

Re: DSLR as Virtual Webcam

Post by AwesomeDad_FB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:30 am

Hey all, new to this forum!

I got a Sony A5000 and I got it working over wifi, but with USB tether, I cant get the live view to work?

Sony does not officially support live view on this camera without hdmi, but the prices in a cam link here in Norway on those are insane. So is there a way for me to get this working?

Ive sat the camera in auto, mass storage, mtp and pc-remote, but nothing works..

Thanks

Advertisment

AwesomeDad_FB

Post by AwesomeDad_FB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:42 am

Hey all, new to this forum!

I got a Sony A5000 and I got it working over wifi, but with USB tether, I cant get the live view to work?

Sony does not officially support live view on this camera without hdmi, but the prices in a cam link here in Norway on those are insane. So is there a way for me to get this working?

Ive sat the camera in auto, mass storage, mtp and pc-remote, but nothing works..

Thanks

semanti

Post by semanti » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:53 pm

admin wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:57 pm I'm trying to mage a simple solution for any DSLR camera to show up as web camera.

SO i need some feed back ...

Download and unzip the file and start the DSLRCam.exe, if you have a camera connected hit the Start Live View button. Now you should have a DCC Virtual Camera (not digiCamControl Virtual WebCam !!!!!) which should work as a web camera and can be used in Skype, Zoom, Facebook or YouTube.

This is a standalone application no need to run the original digiCamControl !!!

Downaloda: https://sourceforge.net/projects/digica ... e/download

Don't expect a really good image quality because the live view resolution it is low for every camera. Also the application may contain error so don't use in production system.

Thanks for the link :)

Blazekrad

Post by Blazekrad » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:40 am

I'm using this software with my Canon T6i. When I try to use my DSLR as a camera I get only one issue. The voice/video lag is minimal. The only problem I get is a very low frame rate (It won't go past 9 FPS, even though the camera is set at 29 FPS). I think that bacause of this when I try to stream or get on a call, my video seems choppy or with a weird lag. It's kinda difficult to explain but is as if the video was broken into rectangles and there was delay between what's played inside those rectangles.

JohnFox

Post by JohnFox » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 pm

Do any of the Digicam programmes run with a Nikon D780? I can get the camera to connect OK and Digicam can send the settings but no live view.

John

diegonunez15

Post by diegonunez15 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:47 am

I was able to connect my Nikon D5500 with no problems but when using the live view I can't find a way to change the resolution. It is stuck at 640x424. I plan to use this to livestream on twitch. Is there any way I can change the resolution to at least 720p?

bivebola

Post by bivebola » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:55 pm

When i connect my mobile phone to pc, the digi cam control web cam,
recognizes it as a wia camera, can I use it as a webcam?

ravencilik

Post by ravencilik » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Hello everyone!
I wonder if anyone has tested with any model of Samsung NX. I have the NX3000, but there is no image, and the device name appears: E:\(_??_usbster)(WIA)

I wonder if it is possible to make it work in any way?

lannersssss

Post by lannersssss » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:32 am

Hi there! Been using this for streaming on OBS and today noticed a weird issue with the software taking up a weird amount of CPU than usual. Image I took a moment to see if I could figure it out and noticed that the FPS counter was going up beyond 200fps (my Nikon D3400 caps at 60) and was directly correlating to the amount of CPU used. Any ideas on how to fix?

Rodrigo Martinelli

Post by Rodrigo Martinelli » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:06 am

Hi ! thanks so much, your software is brilliant even now.. just used it with a Nikon D5100, the only thing i noticed is te installer giving 2 identicals errors "Registering DCCVirtualCam.dll failed with code 3"
The other hiccup is, software was showing a full battery until the end..
Again, thanks a lot..