transfer file without change filename

txam

Post by txam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi,

I am using the standalone library with a Nikon D700.

I'm trying to create a program to take pictures in NEF + JPG and only transfer the JPG files.

Now, the transfer of the JPG works perfect but it has a different name (00000.jpg) if i look at the same file in the camera. How could i transfer the file with the filename that the camera set? Or how could i look at the file in the camera to change the filename after?

Many thanks.
Jon

Advertisment

Duka Istvan

Re: transfer file without change filename

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:18 pm

Hi, try to set the CaptureInSdRam to false then the original file name is returned, if is set to true the file isn't saved to sd card so no name is generated

txam

Post by txam » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:10 pm

I set the CaptureInSdRam to false before i call to CapturePhoto and when camera is connected and the problem continues.

Comparing with CameraControl.Devices.Example i put a breakpoint at PhotoCaptured function and look at eventArgs Object, in your example the type of EventArgs, into eventArgs, is {PortableDeviceLib.PortableDeviceEventArgs} and in my program is a {System.__ComObject}

Hope it helps and thanks again

Duka Istvan

Post by Duka Istvan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Start the latest beta version of the application and try to connect the camera after that send me the log file (Menu->Help-->Send log file

txam

Post by txam » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:01 pm

I have sent the log from the latest beta.

In my application i have solved the issue adding the PotableDeviceLib project into my visual studio solution. Now the eventArgs that i get is {PortableDeviceLib.PortableDeviceEventArgs} type, so i see the same filename than the camera.

Is what i am doing correct? Or installing CameraControl.Devices package shoud it work?

Thanks