LiveView + Trigger + Capture Image by USB keyboard it has results "MTP Device busy"

Report bugs and errors to the digiCamControl development team.
Golem

LiveView + Trigger + Capture Image by USB keyboard it has results "MTP Device busy"

Post by Golem » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:41 pm

Hello the application reports an error when using the USB keyboard and running Live View at the same time. The application is set to capture an image through trigger "ctrl+space". I am using the usb keyboard. Results is error "MTP Device busy". I tried different combinations of USB slots. I am using v2.1.2. Thank you

Advertisment

ictsupport

Re: LiveView + Trigger + Capture Image by USB keyboard it has results "MTP Device busy"

Post by ictsupport » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:24 am

Hello,
I'm having similar issues with a D7200 - I'll receive the MTP Device error.
The camera is remotely housed and trigger commands are scripted to open a web relay using a remote trigger cable. We only trigger the camera via the digiCam software to test photo settings.
Can someone please highlight why the MTP device error message is displayed? Is there an issue with the USB cable / PC or is it camera related? This camera will continue to error for a few hours then all of a sudden come good again without any changes being made.
Appreciate your time,
Thanks,

Donsky

Re: LiveView + Trigger + Capture Image by USB keyboard it has results "MTP Device busy"

Post by Donsky » Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:30 pm

I had the same problem when I've changed my PC. I solved it by connecting my camera (Nikon 5100) not directly to the PC, but through a USB hub.