Sensor triggering

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
xander84

Sensor triggering

Post by xander84 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:38 am

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help here.

I'm taking some photos on slow rides in some theme parks and we have been testing Digicam to replace our old software, because it's not compatible with newer cameras. We use Nikon DLSR cameras with a serial to usb sensor to trigger the photos as soon as someone goes through the sensor.

The old software had an option to delay the camera for taking more photos (or delay the trigger) for "X" amount of sec after the 1st shot and I can't find something similar in Digicam, my question is, is it possible to add a similar feature with a script, or is it there any kind of hardware that helps me on that?

Because what's happening is everytime the sensor gets triggered, which could be multiple times depending on how many times the laser from the sensor bounces from the reflective paper, it's taking the same amount of photos, on a track ride this wouldn't be an issue, but these are water slides and the raft movement it's very random so it always triggers the sensor multiple times which is creating multiple & unneeded photos.

If someone has an idea on how to create a script for this and could help me I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Sensor triggering

Advertisment