404: Compatible cameras

Support and help for digiCamControl (no bug report)
Martin Hoppe

Post by Martin Hoppe » Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:40 pm

Hello and thanks for reading!

I am about to set up a photography station for my company and want to use the new Canon EOS 5RC. Now I wonder if this camera works with DCC.

I was hoping to find this information here, but this gives me a 404.

I'd be happy to know that this camera will work with DCC before spending that much money. Can anyone help, please? Tanks!

Advertisment

admin
Site Admin

Re: 404: Compatible cameras

Post by admin » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:21 am

Thanks for the feedback, the site is fixed now.
The supported camera list isn't up to date yet, but the latest version should support the EOS R5

Martin Hoppe

Post by Martin Hoppe » Mon Oct 31, 2022 11:17 am

Thanks a lot for the fix and your support!

Do you have any idea whether the EOS 5R C also is supported? I's basically the same camera, but with a focus on "cinema", meaning filming.

Thanks! Martin

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:28 pm

Application use the official Canon SDK to control Canon cameras, the SDK documentation isn't any mention about EOS 5R C only about EOS 5R, based on this will be hard to tell if supported or not.

Martin Hoppe

Post by Martin Hoppe » Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:23 am

Thanks a lot for your answer. Today I have been at a local shop and asked for a EOS R5C to connect it to a laptop with DCC.

The R5C camera was recognized under windows 10 and also worked under Capture One for Windows. But it didn't work under DCC. Now I am quite sure DCC actually realized it as a new camera, because I saw a message stating that. However the camera did not show up in the list.

I am about to buy the camera, but only if it will connect to DCC. So I really need to know if the camera will be supported by DCC in the near future.

You say it only depends on the Canon SDK. So if I was able to get a reliable information from Canon, whether the SDK will support the EOS R5C, then I would know for sure if it will run in DCC, right?

However at Lightroom Forum the same question arose, and there it was said also that Lightroom relies on the SDK. However the EOS R5C is listed as being supported. I wonder why? And same for Capture One, I suppose. The EOS R5C definitely is supported there, and I assume Capture One also uses the SDK, no? Actually the EOS R5C basically is the same camera as the EOS R5, but with a fan at the backside and some sophisticated video capabilities. There should be no reason not to be compatible, I think.

However If the Canon support tells me the SDK will support it from the next week on, what has to be done then in the DCC source code? I am digging into the sources these days, but have not come that far until now. So I'd appreciate your help very much.

And just because it can't be said too much: thank you for this incredible great piece of software and sharing it to the world. Absolutely great!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:44 am

Which version of DCC did you try with EOS R5C ? The latest one released about 2 week ago use latest canon SDK.
No need to modify the application code just replace Canon EDSDK files with new one. EDSDK.dll and EdsImage.dll
Here it is a link about supported cameras https://developers.canon-europe.com/dev ... rsion-13-x